Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Calling All Questioners!


I realize that this blog is new, and I might not have many readers yet.  But, are there any other Nicodemus’ out there?  Anyone else (especially those invested in the church as pastors, staff, council members, Sunday school teachers, etc.) who want to ask the big, scary questions, but are afraid of what they might find?

Because, here is the truth.  If you ask the question “Why am I a Christian?” you might find that the answers you can come up with are hollow.  You might find that your reasons for being a Christian, for belonging to a certain church, are similar to your reasons for shopping at a specific grocery store.  Are convenience, familiarity, and good prices the reason you go to church?  Is it because you know the people there?  Because your kids “need church”?

If you do join me in asking the big, scary questions, I hope you will be brave.  I hope you will search your heart, your life, and even your Bible.  Because, even though I’m asking these questions, and feeling a bit scared in doing so, I know in my deepest heart that Jesus is holding me securely in his hand and will never let me go.

My God is big enough to handle questions.  Is yours?


Please comment with the questions you have!

1 comment:

  1. This may not so much be a question about Christianity, but I saw this post from Rachel Held Evans recently: http://rachelheldevans.com/blog/wife-of-queer-man

    Wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete